Sunday, March 4, 2012

Progress Update - 7 months and 33 pounds of Success!

It's about that time again. It's been three months since my last update and seven months since I started my weight loss journey. I know I am always skeptical of the pictures they show on infomercials and advertisements that show people when they start looking all unhappy wearing frumpy looking clothes and the after picture shows them smiling wearing black slimming clothes. So, I took this progress pic in the same clothes I was wearing when I was 172.5 pounds so you can have a better comparison.

Before Picture Stats:
weight: 172.5 lbs
Measurements: The tape measure I was using only went up to 40 inches...
Bust with sports bra on: about 41 inches
Waist: 40 inches
Hips: ?? the tape measure I was using only went up to 40 inches! How embarrassing is that?
Thigh: 22 inches




 
Progress Picture Stats:----------------------> 
weight: 142 lbs
Bust with sports bra on: about 38 inches
Chest: 36 inches 
Waist:  34 inches
Hips: 38 inches
Thigh: 20 inches
Right Bicep: 12 inches 
(on and by the way ladies, this pic was taking during "that time of the month" so these are measurements and weight while being bloated and all the fun stuff that comes along with that)


I've lost 30.5 pounds between pictures, but 33 pounds since the beginning of my weigh loss journey. My weight has fluctuated here and the because of getting sick, which I have to admit only happened twice this year, and allowing myself to enjoy delicious food experiences and birthdays. Another benefit of eating right and exercising is the boosted immune system. When you consider I'm a full time Pre-K teacher and I have a toddler of my own, only getting sick twice this year is pretty good.

I have to admit that one of the things that has allowed me to experience so much success is that I don't have the pressure of having to reach a certain goal for a momentous occasion. I'm just losing weight and working out because I want to better my health and fitness. So, I'm not stressing out about trying to fit into a wedding dress by a certain date, or looking good in a bathing suit for the family vacation. So, on the occasion that I have allowed myself to exceed my calorie goal and gain a few pounds it was that much easier not to let it discourage me. This same concept is also why I think I have been able to keep losing weight and stay on track for the most part, because I do allow myself to enjoy experiences with food. And since I have no end date there isn't that "well I made it, time to go back to doing what I was doing." feeling. It has become a lifestyle.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the success! You look healthy and happy!!! Sounds like you've made it a lifestyle, which is really what it's all about.

    Keep doing what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the hammer on the nail. It's about creating a lifestyle that promotes a positive and healthy approach. Great job! I do find that creating a flexible workout routine that you just do works best for me. I run at work during my lunch.

      Delete
  2. I've been following your progress since you've been blogging. I'm so excited for your progress!! You look fantastic! Congratulations on a healthy lifestyle, not just a quick fix crash diet!

    -Cindy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for the comments and support! It elps keep me motivated and focused!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on A Better Reflection. All comments are reviewed to ensure they support a positive fitness environment before publishing.