Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Progress - Week 1

This is my 1st weekly check-in since I took my original measurements. I have lost an inch around my hips and an inch and a half around my waist. My weight has stayed the same this week, although, I have lost a pound and a half since I started this blog. So, inquiring minds want to know, "How am I doing this?" Well, I can tell you now there's no magic tricks. No magic pill. As a matter of fact, I'm not taking any weightloss or muscle building supplements at all. I hate to sound predictable, but all of my success has come from Diet and Exercise (and letting go of all my excuses). I've found a few tools to help keep me on track. MyFitnessPal.com and EA Sports Active 2 as well as a neighbor and friend who walks with me.

Diet and Nutrition - MyFitnessPal.com
As you may or may not know I have been using MyFitnessPal.com to help keep me motivated and stay on track. Along with meeting some really great motivational supportive people, I've been more accurately able to keep track of how many calories I've been eating and burning by using their Food and Exercise Diary. Today was my first check-in since I took my original measurements and weight. In a week I have lost 1 inch around my hips, and and inch and a half around my waist! My weight has stayed the same, but I'm feeling better and looking better too!

Keeping track of what I eat through MyFitnessPal.com has made me more aware of my food choices and I've been eating much healthier. I now understand how and why people can say that they eat constantly and lose weight, because it's all about what foods you are eating. I'm not starving myself, and I can still fit in a tasty treat now and then. I'm really liking MyFitnessPal.com!

Exercise - EA Sports Active 2
So one of my biggest excuses was that I didn't have the time to go to a gym (or the money for that matter). For this past Christmas my dad had gotten me EA Sports Active 2 to help me try to stay in shape. I used it sporatically at first, but when I finally decided I wanted to really improve my life I set up a workout group (ABRworkout) and put myself on the 9 Week Program - Easy. Since I don't have to leave myself to get a great cardio and strength training workout (which means I don't have to find a baby sitter or miss out on quality time with my daughter - because I do my workouts when she's napping or asleep for the night) I've been able to stay pretty consistent on my workouts!

Exercise and Support - Real Life Friends
A friend of mine noticed all my fitness posts and Facebook and suggested we start walking together. So, on days that I don't do EA Active Sports workouts I'm at least walking and there are some days that I do both! It's great to get out and walk with a friend and be able to socialize while I'm doing something good for myself. And the great thing is, I often take my daughter with me. So, not only does she get to go for a walk, but I get the extra benefit of pushing a stroller while walking! Win/Win!!

*just a reminder, the websites and products I have mentioned in this blog post are just things that have been working for me. I am not paid by either MyFitnessPal or EA Active Sports 2 nor do I stand to gain any type of benefit from telling you about them (other than if you decide to join my and become my friend). This is just my personal experience. There are plenty of other way to keep in shape and I'm sure as the year goes on I'll try different things and share them with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on A Better Reflection. All comments are reviewed to ensure they support a positive fitness environment before publishing.