Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today's the day!

Each new day is a chance to start again! You haven't failed until you quit trying!

When first starting to get into a fitness program it's hard to get motivated and it can be very discouraging when you try and can't seem to stick with it, but remember, each new day is a chance to start again. You haven't failed until you quit trying.

I admit I kind of fell of the wagon when my daughter came back from visiting her dad out of state and I kind of let my workouts slide to spend more time with her. I even napped with her. I kind of set a goal in my head that I would start working out and eating right yesterday because I figured out that if I lose 5 pounds a month between now and my birthday I can be 20 pounds lighter by the time I'm 31! Yay! Well due to an ER tribe at 1:00 in the morning due to a mysterious bug bite I didn't have the energy to workout and I started off eating right yesterday, but that eventually fell to the wayside too. (EXCUSES, EXCUSES)

So today I vowed I would do this right. So far I've been eating a little better. For breakfast I ended up having most of the snack they made for the kids at Vacation Bible School because my daughter didn't like it and I don't like to see food wasted. It was a pudding snack made to look like the beach with crushed vanilla wafers on top, which, I admit wasn't the healthiest of breakfasts, but I'm willing to let that slide. To make up for it I had a grilled chicken tender and carrots for lunch with a diet soda. (I'm still allowing myself to have diet soda this week, but next week I'm switching to water, juice, or milk only) For dinner I'm planning to make BLTs using Turkey bacon and whole grain bread :) For a snack tonight I think I'll have some cantaloupe.

Soon it will be nap time for my darling daughter. Which is when I plan to do my workout. Another EA Sports Active 2 workout. I'm also contemplating joining a local gym just because I prefer to lift more than do any other kind of exercise. I'm torn between a 24hour gym so that I can go workout whenever I have the free time and can find someone to stay with my daughter, or another gym that offers baby sitting hours at certain times of the day and a swimming pool. Right now either gym would suit my schedule, but when the school year starts again and I'm working full time and taking college classes in the evenings the 24 hour gym would definitely be the better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on A Better Reflection. All comments are reviewed to ensure they support a positive fitness environment before publishing.