Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chewing It Over

So, you're at you're nearing your caloric limit for the day and it's only 6:30pm, but you are craving something sweet. This is where a stick of gum can come in handy. I've found that when I'm craving something sweet that I can pop a piece of gum in my mouth and it satisfies the craving until it passes or it's time to eat another planned meal. My gum of choice lately has been Eclipse. Just one lil rectangle can tide me over for a good while and at only 2.5 calories per rectangle it's a quick fix to what could lead to a disastrous sweet tooth overindulgence.

I also tend to drink water when I'm chewing gum too. Did you know that many times when you think you are hungry you are actually thirsty? Water is a 0 calorie way to feel fuller longer and water is a great way to flush out your system :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I love the Extra Dessert gums. Kills my craving for key lime pie and such.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on A Better Reflection. All comments are reviewed to ensure they support a positive fitness environment before publishing.