Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shakeology - Not Your Average Meal Replacement!

I'm always looking for ways to better my health. Healthy foods low in calories and high in nutrients that leave me feeling full and energized. Everyone wants to try to sell your their version of a meal replacement supplement be it a bar, gel, juice, or shake, but few live up to their claims, until now. Shakeology isn't your average meal replacement product, but before I tell you about it. Let me tell you how I found it.

I have been hearing people raving about their results from P90X workouts in various fitness websties, blogs, and social media. So intrigued was I by this that I decided I would try it after the holidays. Why after the holidays? Because I'm sure I'll need the extra push by then and I'll be finished with my grad classes so I'll have the time to really commit to it on a serious level. Then I saw one of my twitter followers (who is now also my BeachBody Coach) tweet about P90X2. So, I checked out his website. http://www.JeffWittFitness.com from there I stumbled on to his Shakeology Website (which was something else I've been hearing a lot about in the fitness world.) www.myshakeology.com/Jeff5by5 He was offering a free single serving sample of Shakeology. So, I thought I'd try it out to see what all the fuss was about.


There were two options to choose from Chocolate or Greenberry (which is said to have a "healthy" flavor that isn't for everyone") Honestly, I was afraid that either flavor would have the typical meal relplacement chalky taste and/or after taste, so knowing that I would be writing at reveiw I opted for the Greenberry flavor. Why? Because I want to give Shakeology the chance to make the best first impression it could and if chocolate doesn't really taste like chocolate I was going to be very upset. LOL

Within 24 hours I received notification that my order was received and that it would be sent out in the mail the next day. I received it with in 3 days. I couldn't wait to try it! It arrived with a brochure that broke down all the essential facts and nutritional information about Shakeology. It also came with a pamphlet that offered few recipes for both the chocolate and greenberry flavors and a DVD. I sat down and watched the DVD right away. It was very informative and I have to admit, very good at selling the product. 

In general Shakeology contains 70+ natural ingredients including Protein and essential amino acids to help build muscles and reduce food cravings. Prebiotics and digestive enzymes to help aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption. Antioxidants and phytonutrients help counteract free radical damage that can lead to degenerative diseases and a daily dose of vitamins and minerals provides your body what it needs to function for optimal health. It is caffeine and gluten free and only 140 cals (if you only mix it with water an ice). And is now certified as having a low glycemic index.

I decided to wait until the morning and have my Shakeology drink for breakfast just to see if it could live up to its claims of being filling and making you feel energized. It also claims to be able to help you:
  • Lose weight
  • Reduce cravings
  • Increase energy and stamina
  • Promote healthy digestion and regularity
  • Lower cholesterol
However these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Admisistration.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the Shakeology packet was that it didn't have that typical health food supplement smell. As a matter of fact it didn't hardly have a smell at all. Which was a pleasant surprise. I decided to make it using the Greenberry Sunrise recipe that was included on the pamphlet with my free sample.

1 serving of Greenberry Shakeology
1/2 cup orange juice
3/4 cup water
Ice to taste

I blended it all up and poured it in a nice big glass. I took a moment to prepare myself for whatever I might taste and to my suprise it actually tasted GOOD and I don't mean good for a health drink. I actually liked the taste.  As I went on with my day I noticed I didn't feel hungry. Even when approaching my typical meal times I eat about every 3-4 hours (6 times a day. 3 small meals and 3 snacks)

Staying within my calorie goal was easy because I felt so full from this healthy nutritional drink. The next morning I woke up wishing I had another one. So, I looked into purchasing more. When you order Shakeology you have the option of choosing just chocolate, just greenberry, and a combo pack of the two or having them alternate the flavors each month. You get free shipping with automatic delivery each month. And you have the option of choosing a big bag which contains enough for 30 days or a box containing 24 individual servings so you can take it with you on the go.


Shakeology sells for a retail price of $119.95, if you are a club member you can get it for $107.96, and only $89.96 if you are a Beachbody coach. When you order not only do you get the free shipping each month and 2 free workout DVDS. With your second monthly shipment you get a free Shakeology Shaker Cup. but you also get a 30 day risk free trial with their 30 day money back garauntee. If you don't like Shakeology for any reason you can cancel.  If you can swing the monthly payment, I highly recommend you add Shakeology to your healthy lifestyle!

I have recently noticed that they have a Tropical flavor of Shakeology coming out sometime this fall! I can hardly wait to try it!


If you would like to try Shakeology contact BeachBody Coach Jeff Witt
www.JeffWittFitness.com
www.myshakeology.com/Jeff5by5
www.beachbodycoach.com/Jeff5by5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on A Better Reflection. All comments are reviewed to ensure they support a positive fitness environment before publishing.