Thursday, January 19, 2012

A New Better Breakfast - Swirl Sandwich!

I love the weekends and days off, not only because I get to wake up and have fun all day with my sweet baby girl, but also because I get to take the time to cook healthy  meals for us. Today I had to stay home with my daughter because she was sick, so I decided to start the morning off with a new creation. It's tasty, warm, and only 230 calories!

Egg, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sandwhich on Pump & Rye Swirl bread

1 Slice Pepperidge Farm - Pump and Rye Swirl Bread - Toasted
2 Egg whites - omelet
1/6 cup Best Yet shredded Mozzarella cheese (Low Moisture, Part Skim)
2 slices tomato
10 raw snow pea pods
1/2 cup Shur Fine Original Style Orange Juice
1 Cup water

Cut one slice of Pump and Rye Swirl bread in half and toast both halves. Mean while cook 2 egg whites in pan (I have non-stick cookwear so I don't even have to use cooking spray, if you do remember to add the calories from the cooking spray, butter, or other ingredients you use) Place the two slices of tomato on one of the toasted halves of the bread. and the mozzarella cheese on the other toasted half. When the eggs are done cooking fold the omelet so that it fits nicely one one of the swirl bread halfs and place it on top of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Then place the other half with the tomato slices on top of it to make a sandwhich. The snow peas are a side dish. ENJOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on A Better Reflection. All comments are reviewed to ensure they support a positive fitness environment before publishing.